Borrowers and ethical lenders are frustrated with the current state of lending. Borrowers often enter the loan transaction with trepidation because they have heard about or experienced questionable business practices such as "bait and switch", hidden fees and last minute surprises. Ethical lenders are frustrated because unethical lenders are creating a marketplace where it is hard to compete and borrowers are unable to tell the difference between honest and dishonest brokers in advance.
Loan.com provides a solution for both lenders' frustrations and consumers concerns by creating a "Trusted Marketplace" where lenders agree to a set of ethical business practices and borrowers are educated about what to expect during the loan process.
On Loan.com all of the lenders in the Ethical Lender Directory have agreed to follow the Borrower's Bill of Rights, a set of ethical business practices that describe how they will interact with the consumer. Therefore, consumers using Loan.com know what to expect from lenders they are considering. Loan.com also provides unique research tools to help consumers further, including:
- The Loan Analyzer, which is an unique tool that enables the borrower to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of their current loan (or the loan they are considering) versus other loan programs available.
- The Truth About Loans center, which provides over 75 concise, consumer-focused articles explaining the entire loan process. The articles come with a point of view on how to best help the borrower.
- The Ethical Lender Directory, which provides a listing of interest rates available by loan product and geography.
- Also, there are over 15 Mortgage Calculators available to help answer questions about loans.
Loan.com is operated by Internet Brands, one of the largest publishers of consumer advice on the internet.
Internet Brands' websites have been helping consumers since 1994. The company's Mortgage and Real Estate websites have won numerous awards for consumer expertise. Among our credentials:
- MortgageFAQ.com has been a leading source of Mortgage information since 1995.
- RealEstateABC's "how-to" guides for Mortgage and Real Estate information appear on over 30,000 real estate web sites. RealEstateABC has been named by PC Magazine as one of the "100 Best Sites You Didn't Know You Couldn't Live Without". The site's free home valuation tool has been used by millions of homeowners.
- LoanApp originated the first mortgage over the Internet and in 1994 created the first online loan application.
- BestRate is one of the Internet's first Mortgage rate directories.
Internet Brands also operates websites in the Automotive and Travel categories. In Automotive, the company's CarsDirect.com website brings new car pricing transparency to millions of car buyers each month.
All Internet Brands websites have this in common: empowering consumers to make better choices and save money.